Maksymilian Pluta Institute of Applied Optics in Warsaw has existed since 1948. It is a research institute responsible to the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Poland, with many years of experience in applied optics and optoelectronics,
The operations of the Institute involve scientific and research services as well as research and technical services such as:
- development of new observation and measurement methods in the area of optics and optoelectronics;
- development of structures and technologies of optical and optoelectronic devices and processes;
- manufacturing of optical components and systems, manufacturing of unique optical and optoelectronic devices.
The Institute of Applied Optics offers the assessment of the quality of products and expert opinions in the field of optics and optoelectronics. The Institute organises conferences and training courses in the area of optics and optoelectronics applications. The Institute develops and shares scientific and technical information and economic information and it cooperates with national, foreign and international centres, organisations and scientific associations.
The Institute of Applied Optics cooperates in the area of research and development with national and foreign research and development units. This cooperation involves participation in common research projects, special purpose projects, and EU and non-EU research programmes. The Institute develops new technologies using optical and optoelectronic techniques (including measurement techniques).
In particular it offers cooperation in research and development in the following areas:
- microscopy, interferometry, diffractometry,
- holography, diffractive optics, gradient optics,
- fibre optics, image analysis and processing,
- specialist optical measurement techniques.
ul. Kamionkowska 18
tel. 22 810 25 89